Bespoke psychological therapy, training and consultancy, designed around your individual needs.
I am a Chartered Specialist Psychologist, registered with the British Psychological Society and Health and Care Professions Council. This means that you can be assured that the type of psychological treatment you are accessing is safe. I engage in regular supervision and continuous professional development throughout the year.
This is important for you to know as it provides a level of quality assurance. I have extensive experience in the area of adult mental health across statutory, private, voluntary, and community sectors, as well teaching, training and research, which keeps me up to date with current trends in mental health.
I am Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, a member of the Division of Counselling Psychology and have held a number of committee roles. I am passionate about Counselling Psychology and have presented at a number of conferences.
My qualifications are:
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DPsych) from Glasgow Caledonian University
- Chartership gained through the British Psychological Society Qualification in Counselling Psychology (QCoP)
- MSc Counselling Psychology (Distinction) from Ulster University
- BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology (1st Class) from Ulster University
My core psychology training encompassed training in Humanistic, Person Centred, and Experiential therapies, and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. I have additional training in the following areas:
- Accredited Interpersonal Psychotherapy Practitioner (IPT-UK)
- Qualification in the Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness (Irish Mindfulness Institute)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- EMDR Levels 1-3
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Foundation in Gestalt Therapy: Experiential Group Process