Introduction to Mindfulness
Dr Jane Simms
Friday 8th June 2018
10am – 4pm
This introductory workshop will provide a foundation knowledge of the theory, research and practice of Mindfulness. The main focus of the workshop is learning about Mindfulness in relation to care of the personal self. Mindfulness is not something we ‘do’, it is a way of ‘being’ and before we can introduce Mindfulness to others in our therapeutic work, we need to be embodying this way of living ourselves. This workshop will help you to begin practising Mindfulness in your daily life as well as provide insight into how it can be helpful for your counselling practice. An overview of the therapeutic use of Mindfulness and how it can be applied to your counselling work will be reviewed.
- Level: Basic to intermediate.
- Facilitator: Dr Jane Simms CPsychol
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07427634534 to register
- Maximum number of participants: 18
- Cost: £55 (lunch not included)